Complete your TSCPA Talks profile. Make sure your contact information is up to date, add a recent professional profile picture, expand on your bio, and import your education and job history information from LinkedIn. Having a complete and accurate profile is crucial to the success of selection and matching. Profile complete? Return back to this page and move on to step two.
Are you looking to be a mentor or mentee? Perhaps both? Sign up:
• Enroll as a Mentor (Only available for Fellow Members of TSCPA)
• Enroll as a Mentee
Make selections for each of the program demographics to set your preferences. Demographics include: topics, venue, specialties, career stage and start/end date. Please note that some fields are required for enrollment. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to make the best match. Keep in mind in order to request a mentor or mentee, you must be enrolled in the program. Once you are enrolled you will receive a welcome email from TSCPA confirming your enrollment.
Use the Mentor Program Directory to input your search criteria. Start by selecting the topic(s) of interest which include:
• Profession sector: corporate, finance, government, health care, higher education, non-profit, public accounting, technology
• Areas of expertise: audit, controllership, estate/financial planning, financial institutions, fraud/forensic accounting, government/non-profit, health care, litigation/valuation, management, tax, technology
You can also take advantage of features to help you find and recruit matches:
• Track your mentoring relationships
• Participate in discussion forums on mentoring topics
• Search for helpful mentoring resources
Congratulations! You're all set. You completed steps 1-3 and are now ready for the fun stuff. Let the mentoring begin. Do one search or multiple searches. If you're unsure of the search criteria, select "Search for ALL of the selected values." The Mentor Program Directory will do the work for you and populate the results.
Next click on the member's name that you're interested in establishing a mentor/mentee connection with. The link will bring you to their profile page. Look around. If you think it's a desired match, look under their profile image for the Mentor Match badge, which when clicked will allow you to request a connection. If it's not a desired match, you can simply select the back button to return to your previous search results.
Also, don't forget to view our Mentor Match FAQs!